SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 21, 2018, 12:45:03 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2018, 12:45:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Disable parts of the TinyMce editor « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Disable parts of the TinyMce editor  (Read 6397 times)
patdpoo

[-] Disable parts of the TinyMce editor
« on: July 28, 2006, 05:00:35 PM »

Hi, I want to remove the following from the TM editor:
Fonty Family, Font Size, Text Color and Background color.  I want my client to choose my fonts set up on my style sheet.  I see that it has a nice drop down for choose what I've set up.

Thanks!  Pat Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Disable parts of the TinyMce editor
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »

Yes, you can use the "editor group" tab in the admin area to specify the desired options for the toolbar. You can specify exactly what icons you want to be available and then assign the desired "editor group" to your user.

1) Go to admin area.
2) Create or edit the desired editor group, and specify the options you want (ie: the toolbar icons)
3) Go to the user, and assign the editor group to that user.

Let me know if you get stuck with anything.  There is an example two toolbars already created.. one for regular users, with all the toolbar options, and another that only contains basic edit icons like bold/italics/underline... you can use those as a starting point.  Smile
patdpoo

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 07:04:55 PM »

Oh that is nice!  I like the basic editor for the client or it can look messy Smile 
Another question.  I have a another page that my client needs to edit and that page has a table for tabular data.  I tried adding "table" to the basic editor priviledges but it brings back all the formatting options on the editor.  I would be nice if the table cells would show up for easier editing by the client. 

The site though is tableless except for the one table on a single page. 

Thanks, Pat Smile

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 07:37:33 PM by patdpoo » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:36:28 AM »

Hmm.. if you add the "table" toolbar icon, then only the table editing options should be available.. (nothing else).

If it still isn't working for you, send me:

1) A link to this thread (so I know what is the issue)
2) A snippetmaster URL and admin un/pw

I'll login and try to create the toolbar for you...  Smile

henri @  snippetmaster.com
patdpoo

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 08:05:54 AM »

thanks Henri!  Everything fine now Smile
PARoss

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 12:13:36 PM »

It is not obvious how to populate the style dropdown list. Can you be more specific?

Phil
patdpoo

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 01:35:05 PM »

Maybe Henri has a better answer, but when I installed SnippetMaster, the style drop down for the style selector automatically had my CSS style elements in it.  Must be something that detects a site style sheet and will pick it up?  Don't know.  All I know is that I didn't have to add them to the editor. 

Pat Smile

PARoss

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 04:37:11 PM »

Pat,

These particular files have the styles in the header <style type="text/css">...</style>. It's not a separate file, maybe that's it -- but it shouldn't be.

Phil
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 09:46:03 AM »

The styles dropdown is automatically populated with any valid styles that are located inside the file being edited, or in any linked style sheets.

As long as you're using valid HTML to call the stylesheet file, SnippetMaster will find the linked file... The most common problem for missing styles is invalid HTML.

If your linked styles aren't being found.. can you post the <HEAD> section of your html where your linked css file is being called?  I'll confirm it is ok, and if it is... then I'll try to find out why it's not working.

Smile
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Disable parts of the TinyMce editor « previous next »
Jump to: