SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 20, 2018, 05:34:32 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 05:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: alphabetical order « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: alphabetical order  (Read 5155 times)
danno

[-] alphabetical order
« on: June 10, 2006, 09:03:56 PM »

Here is a request that I hope is a simple one and can make it into the next release. Can the tables of users, list groups, upload groups, and editor groups be listed in alphabetical order in the admin system? I anticipate having a lot of users, and if I have to locate one to make a change it'll be difficult to find them with the order they are presented now (order created). I'm just thinking ahead and I know this will be an issue with me when my user number increases. Does this make sense for everyone? I think it would make it easier for everyone. Thoughts?
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: alphabetical order
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 01:10:21 AM »

Danno, I think that is a great idea and would make management of even relatively short user lists easier.

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 02:40:47 AM »

Good idea!  (I can't believe I didn't think of this already.)

I've just added it to the feature list.  What I might do is make it "default" to sorting by alpha, and then allow you to resort by clicking on the desired heading, etc...

Thanks!

Artisan

The World Wide Web needn't cost the earth.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 10:24:56 AM »

Now that's a good idea - I would prefer my users to be listed by user type, so the "click the heading" idea is a good one... would you make all the headings clickable?

Malcolm
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 04:28:07 PM »

Yes, I think it is best to have all headers as "clickable" so you can sort however you desire.

By default, I'll probably sort by alphabet.. but might make it an admin option or something so you can choose how you want the default sort to work. 
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: alphabetical order « previous next »
Jump to: