SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 18, 2018, 09:50:02 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2018, 09:50:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Backgroundpicture « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Backgroundpicture  (Read 3701 times)
BigSweed

[-] Backgroundpicture
« on: June 09, 2006, 12:55:56 AM »

In WYSIWYGEZ it is possible to have a picture as pagebakground look at:
http://www.wysiwygez.com/default.asp
I have attached the little icon they use.

Can we have this feature added? When in that case?

* imageBG.gif (0.16 KB, 22x22 - viewed 382 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: Backgroundpicture
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 04:09:08 AM »

That editor program does not seem to write valid XHTML strict code, as it puts the background image link into the body tag - a background should be defined in the page CSS. The big advantage of the tinyMCE editor as used in SnippetMaster is that it produces valid code.

I'd hate to let my clients use an editor which may allow them to add a background image! Even being add a colour is too much for some to resist.  Smile

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Backgroundpicture
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 02:39:25 AM »

Yes, Kelvyn is correct.

I've researched this "bug" when trying to figure out another problem, and I found that the editor does not like the background value in the BODY element.

This is because the editor is fully XHTML compliant, and the bg tag is not part of the xhtml specification/standard.

So.. I'm not sure what to do to "fix" this, because it's not really a bug.  But at the same time... I don't really want to force you to change your HTML (although it is always a good idea to use xhtml standards).

I might eventually add some kind of "allow xhtml incompatibility" switch or something to the admin area.  Do you think that would be sufficient?  It would allow your old (invalid) code to remain.. but it would still not show up properly in the editor itself while editing.  (Preview would display it properly, etc.. the editor would not "fix" your code to make it xhtml compliant, etc..)

Let me know what you think.

In the meantime, the solution is to specify a body element in your CSS file, and then specify the background image in there.  That will work with all browsers, and also with the snippetmaster editor.

Smile

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Backgroundpicture « previous next »
Jump to: