SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

December 18, 2007, 12:48:30 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2007, 12:48:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Include files in top level domain « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Include files in top level domain  (Read 560 times)
frank
Beta Tester

[-] Include files in top level domain
« on: June 02, 2006, 02:57:58 PM »

Quick question? Can I give a regular  user access to files in the top-level of a domain? (i.e. domain.com/file.htm) Tried using the Include bullet in Admin Area>>List Groups? Otherwise, I'll have to exclude a ton of folders to give the user access to top level files.
Also tried using the Exclude bullet. Working fine for admin priveledge but not well with the lowest priviledge.

Thanks,

Frank
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 03:36:16 PM by frank » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Include files in top level domain
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 03:32:42 AM »

This is a feature I am going to be adding eventually.  The ability to exclude/include specific files is something that is definately needed.

In fact, let me know how you feel this would be best (most logical and intuitive) to implement.

Should I add the "select the file(s) to include/exclude in the List Groups tab of the admin area?  (Alongside the include/exclude folders section?)

Or should I add this to the USERS profile itself, since it would often be user dependent?

Let me know your thoughts.. what makes the most sense and is most flexible, etc...?

Thanks!

Smile
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 03:34:27 AM by admin » Report to moderator   Logged
frank
Beta Tester

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 07:10:33 PM »

Initially, I think it'll be more intuitive to add to the List Grps tab of the admin area. Based on my use of the product, administrators will initially setup groups and assign users to said groups. However, as the end user's needs become more complex, administrators (i.e. such as myself) may need to allow a certain user specific access to specific files - without granting the whole list access. This is where I foresee creating user-level access for that specific user. Since most of my client's will be working with files designed by a 3rd party - and the files may reside in the top-level of the domain - it seems normal users simply won't have access to top level files.

I managed to overcome the issue (in my previous post) by giving the users power-user priviledges.

Thanks!

ps: I hope this makes sense
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 02:05:38 AM »

Thanks frank.  For the first "release" of this functionality (ability to include/exclude files), I'll probably just allow it to be done in List Groups.

Then, as you recommended, eventually I'll add the ability to do this also on a user-by-user basis.

Thanks!

Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Include files in top level domain « previous next »
Jump to: