An "Upload Group" is a group of folders to which files can
be uploaded by the user.
Each user can be assigned to a different Upload Group, so it is easy
to restrict uploads for certain users to only certain folders.
For example, if you wanted to restrict the "jimbob"user
to only have the ability to upload files to the "jimbobfiles"
folder, then here are the exact steps:
- Click the Upload Groups tab from the Admin Area.
- Click the New button
- Give the new Upload Group a name of "Jimbob User Only".
- Specify any desired General Settings. (ie: Restrict
maximum file size, etc.)
- Scroll down to the Upload Locations section.
- In the Name column, enter a descriptive name. (This
is the name the user will see when choosing this folder location as
the upload destination.)
- Click the Add button to add this new location to
the current screen.
- Click the Save button. (You have now created a new
- Click on the Users
tab of the Admin Area.
- Choose to modify the jimbob user.
- Scroll down to the Allow File Uploads option and
make sure it is enabled.
- Use This Upload Group option and select the "Jimbob
User Only" Upload Group that you just created.