Overview Of The Administration (Admin) Area
SnippetMaster was designed to be simple and easy to use. However, that
does not mean the program has only a few features! In fact, SnippetMaster
is FULL of sophisticated and advanced functionality to help you manage
The Admin Area is where users with Admin privileges
can create new users, configure list groups, upload groups, program settings,
and generally tell SnippetMaster how it should work.
Remember to use caution when altering any options or settings in the
Admin Area. If set improperly, some of the settings can cause confusing
effects or even prevent your pages from being edited or saved properly.
Also, be very careful whom you give access to the Admin Area (Admin
privileges). Usually, it is preferable to create regular users
for your customers, instead of giving out an administrator username
You can easily:
- Create multiple users -- each with their own access privileges to
the program features and snippets that they can edit.
- Use "List Groups" to limit users to only certain folders.
You can specify different folders when browsing for Snippets/files to
edit, images, or links. (Each user can be assigned to a different List
- Create "Upload Groups" to make groups of upload folders
and upload settings that can be applied to any user.
- Limit users to only certain editor toolbar options or functionality
by using "Editor Groups".
- Choose to allow only strict XHTML code, specify "extended"
valid elements, or even just allow anything that's entered into the
editor to work without any code validation at all.
- Specify the default editor size.. and even override this value on
a per-snippet basis!
- Much more! Be sure to visit the Admin area and spent some time to
become familiar with all the different options and features. If there
are any features you would like to see added, please be sure to let
Each option or value in the Admin Area has a ? (question
mark icon) beside it. If you need help with anything, just roll your mouse
over (or click) the icon and a popup will appear to explain the details
of the option or setting.
Let's get started. What would you like to learn about?